Superior solutions that address today’s challenges in higher education require technological and analytics innovation and progressive thinking from industry practitioners.
That’s why Othot is extremely excited to announce that effective June 1, 2019, Chris Lucier, who most recently served as the Vice President of Enrollment Management at the University of Delaware, has joined its team as Director of Partner Relations, a part-time position.
“Othot is passionate about making a difference with our clients. The foundation of our ability to impact institutions is the Othot Platform – that delivers Explainable AI – and our people. Chris adds additional deep industry experience to our team where he will focus on helping our clients unlock actionable insights and put them into everyday practice,” says Andy Hannah, CEO of Othot. “Chris is a progressive thinker and a terrific person who fits our culture incredibly well. We were an extension of his team at the University of Delaware and now, in his new role he can pursue a passion he has to help ‘hundreds of schools‘ reach their goals.”
Below are some comments from Chris explaining his decision to join Othot.
“I joined the Othot team for several reasons. First, as a recent VP for Enrollment Management at a flagship institution in the competitive enrollment environment of the Northeast, I have first-hand experience with Othot’s CEO, Andy Hannah, and the talented team he has built,” Lucier commented. “I have seen the Platform in action and know the capability it possesses to support an institution’s enrollment goals. ‘Partner-centric’ is not a bumper sticker at Othot, it is real and is in the DNA of every member of the team, which is why we were able to implement so easily and see such immediate results. We received immediate ROI when we implemented the Platform.”
“Second, at UD I went through my own research and an RFP process. I am confident that the Data team that Othot has assembled is doing things well beyond the rest of the industry now, and the Product Development team will be rolling out functionality soon that will be game changing.”
“Lastly, but most important to me, as the caregiver of my spouse who has Stage IV metastatic breast cancer, the Company provides me the flexibility to make a difference with Partner Institutions and in Product Development, while knowing where my priority lies. To me, this speaks volumes about Othot.”
During his tenure at the University of Delaware, Lucier’s leadership was felt across the institution, including:
- Undergraduate enrollment increased from 17,410 to 18,221 (with a record class entering in fall 2017 and this year’s entering class setting academic records), as well as an increase in enrollment of undergraduate students of color from 19.4 percent to 21.8 percent and an increase among Delawareans of color by 25.4 percent.
- International undergraduate student enrollment increased by 41 percent, to 951 international students representing 67 countries.
- A new program offering first-year students the opportunity to spend their first semester abroad — The World Scholars Program – now offers UD student experiences at universities in Rome, Madrid, New Zealand and, next year, Greece.
- New programs, such as Delaware in DC, Delaware Innovation Fellows, Community Engagement Scholars and others, were established to enable students to enrich their experience with opportunities in politics, entrepreneurship, community service and more.
- The Blue Hen Success Collaborative, a key initiative to promote student achievement, was initiated, promoting great academic advisement along with a coordinated care network to ensure that students receive the support they need to succeed.
Before joining UD, Lucier led undergraduate admissions and enrollment strategy at the University of Vermont for seven years. Previously he was director of recruitment and operations in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he earlier served as senior associate director of recruitment and marketing.
Othot is a higher education software company that provides cloud based predictive analytics tool with explainable AI to identify – in real time – that is used by higher education institutions to optimize its relationship with students from the day they first meet them through their days as active alumni . This platform takes the cost and complexity out of adopting advanced analytics for the enrollment, financial aid and retention challenges facing colleges and universities.